This book improves the understanding and telling of stories in secondary school students and young adults. Specifically designed for older children and young adults, this practical language programme was created by a specialist speech & language therapist with input from secondary school teachers and students.
The Narrative Intervention Programme:
- focuses on enhancing the understanding and expression of stories in students aged from 8 to 18 with language and communication difficulties
- aims to create an awareness of how storytelling can be used to enhance learning in school and social interactions in school and home environments
- facilitates storytelling
- enhances the joy and enjoyment in telling stories
- identifies different types of narratives and provide examples for each type
- encourages effective listening and attention skills
- examines different means of making story production more interesting through vocal variety, body language and print
- encourages the use of the story planner in planning and structuring essays in the classroom and for homework.
This content is restricted to only users who have bought the book. To get access to this content for this title answer the following question in the form below.
Please make sure you have a copy of the book if not then you can purchase one at www.routledge.com/9780863887970.